||Sociology of Knowledge, Education, Organizations and Work, Social Problems, Ethnography and Qualitative Methods
|Fields of research
- Sociology of Knowledge
|Further fields of research
- Sociology of Knowledge & Education
- Organizational Sociology
- Sociology of Work
1995 Doctorate at the University of St. Gallen, Dr. oec. HSG
1984-1989 Master in Economics and Sociology, lic. oec. HSG
1983 Access exam to university
1977 Diploma in General Nursing (AKP)
- Since 2014 Professor of Educational Sociology at the University of Education Zürich
- 2007-2014 Professor and Research Director at the University of Teacher Education TG
- 2005-2007 Reseracher at the University of Teacher Education TG
- 2001-2004 Research Director at the Institute of Social Work, University of Applied Sciences St. Gallen
- 1996-2000 Researcher at the School for Social Work of Eastern Switzerland
- 1989-1996 Research Assistant at the Sociological Institute, University of St. Gallen
1998 - 2007 I was teaching courses "Sociology of Management", "Qualitative Research Methods", "Sociological Theories" and "Organizational Ethnography".
Between 2008 - 2015 I gave a course in the sociology of communication with a focus on the advertisement (together with Thomas S. Eberle) at the University of St. Gallen.
Other teaching assignments comprised:
- 2014 - 2017 Lecturer at the Vienna University of Economics "WU Vienna"
- 2005-2013 / 2017 Lecturer for Ethnography at the University of Basel
- 2016 Lecturer at the University of Kassel, Germany
- Invited Visiting Scholar at the South African Winterschool for Research Methodology (2012 Pretoria / 2011 Johannesburg)
- 2011, 2008, 2001-2003 Guest Professor of Sociology at the University of Vienna in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
||Currently I am working on an ethnographic project on Kindergartens. The project is funded by the Swiss National Research Foundation (SNF).
- Convenor in the RN 19 Ethnography of the European Educational Research Assocation EERA
- Member of the scientific board of the SWISS COMPETENCE CENTER FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH FORS form 2008 to 2017
- President of the Swiss Sociological Association SSA 2006-2009
- Member of the Board of Seniors RN "Qualitative Methods" of the European Sociological Association since 2006
- Member of the Board of the American Association of Applied and Clinical Sociology 2007
- Member in various other scientific associations.
||1st Receiver of the "Research Price Ethnography" of the University of Applied Science in Fulda in Collaboration with the Section Sociology of Knowledge of the German Sociological Association (DGS), June 26th 2015.
- Ethnography and Education, vgl. Ethnography
- Qualitative Sociology Review QSR
- Sozialer Sinn. Zeitschrift für hermeneutische Sozialforschung
- Member of the Scientific Board of FORS in Lausanne, the Swiss Center for Social Research 2008 - 2016 (see FORS)
- From 2010 - 2017 President of the publishing house SEISMO in Zurich (see. www.seismoverlag.ch)