|Fields of research
- 'Work' in fiction
- John Dos Passos
|Further fields of research
- Quotation studies and intertextuality
- Grammar theories
- PhD in English Linguistics, University of Basel
Thesis title: "’A little more than kin’ - Quotations as a linguistic phenomenon. A study based on quotations from Shakespeare’s Hamlet." (insigni cum laude)
- Lizentiat (=MA) in English philology, general linguistics and philosophy, University of Basel
Thesis title: "Different theories – different solutions? Ditransitivity in Generative Grammar and Cognitive Linguistics" (summa cum laude)
- Secretarial training, Language Institute Foley, Freiburg i. Br.
Leaving certificate: "Euro-Secretary/Personal Assistant English/French/Spanish" and "Fremdsprachensekretärin IHK English/French"
University of St. Gallen (since June 2017)
- Research Fellow (Prof. Dr. Alan Robinson)
University of Basel (Aug 2004 – Dec 2016)
- Student advisor and international exchange coordinator, Department of Languages and Literatures
- Office manager and general administration, Department of English
- Research staff, Swiss National Science Foundation projects OldPhras (www.oldphras.net) and HyperHamlet (www.hyperhamlet.unibas.ch)
- Coordinator, PhD program Linguistics Hermann Paul School of Linguistics Basel-Freiburg (maternity cover)
- Coordinator, MA study course Language & Communication (maternity cover)
- Several teaching assignments at the Departments of German and English
- Managing Director, Department of Languages and Literatures (maternity cover)
- Student assistant, Department of English
Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rhein, Germany (Dec 1991 – Nov 2004)
- Personal Assistant and Manager of the Director's office (incl. translations, research for exhibitions and catalogue editing)
University of Basel, Departments of English and German
- Class session "Variability of quotations" in Dr. Regula Hohl Trillini’s MA course: "HyperHamlet – Echoes of Shakespeare" (Spring 2015)
- PhD colloquium "Sprachwissenschaft" on behalf of Prof. Dr. Heike Behrens (Autumn 2012)
- MA course: "Relevance Theory" with Ass. Prof. Dr. Andreas Langlotz (Spring 2009)
- MA course: "Typisierte Rede" with Prof. Dr. Annelies Häcki Buhofer (Autumn 2008)
- BA introductory module, Department of German, "Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft: Psycholinguistik, Soziolinguistik, Empirische Pragmatik" (2008 - 2010)
Collaboration in two SNF-founded projects
- Linguistic change of German proverbs and sayings. Diachronical online lexicon of German phraseology of the new high-German period - OldPhras (www.oldphras.net) (2010 - 2013)
- Passages We Live By: Shakespeare’s Hamlet as an example. A new corpus concept for intertextuality research - HyperHamlet (www.hyperhamlet.unibas.ch) (2006 - 2010)
SAUTE - Swiss Association of University Teachers of English
John Dos Passos Society
SANAS - Swiss Association for North American Studies
Conference papers (9 of 22)
- "The examiner 'turns a page' - Form and Content in §25 of David Foster Wallace's The Pale King." International Conference on Powerful Literary Texts: A Stylistic, Empirical and Performance-Based Approach, Brighton Unversity, 19-21 June 2019.
- "'I would prefer not to take a clerkship' – The Office Novel. SANAS Biennial Conference: The Genres of Genre - A Conference on Form, Format, and Cultural Formations, Lausanne, 2-3 November 2018.
- "'There Is No Right Life in the Wrong One' - Drink and Abstincence in John Dos Passos's Manhattan Transfer and U.S.A.” The Third Biennial John Dos Passos Society Conference, Lisbon, 20 - 22 June 2018.
- HyperHamlet – A database of quotations and allusions." British Shakespeare Association Conference Shakespeare: Text, Power, Authority. Stirling, 3-6 July 2014.
- "¿Citas o frasemas?" 5th Europhras Conference, Granada, June-July 2010.
- "Quotations and Formulaicity." FLaRN 2010 - 5th International Conference on Formulaic Language, Paderborn, March 2010.
- "'These words are not mine. No nor mine either.' - poetic language in normal speech." 2nd International Conference on Language, Linguistics, Literature and Translation: "Centering the Marginal, Stretching the Boundaries." Muscat, March 2010.
- "'On quoting …' – a corpus-based study on the phraseology of well-known quotations." Corpus Linguistics Conference Liverpool, July 2009.
- "HyperHamlet - Intricacies of Data Selection." Diversity in Language Corpora - Vielfalt in Sprachkorpora, Basel, April 2009.